Saturday, January 22, 2005

Vogue...

I always fail to blog because I feel I have nothing important to say. Either that, or nothing profound to enlighten mankind. Many have watched this blog with disappointment as updates are few and far between. Today I will not disappoint anyone but myself, as I will post something insignificant and unprofound... but it'll be fun for those who know the two people in the photo below.

I was the photographer for a studio shoot on Wednesday. I was to capture a Qi Gong sifu in various Qi Gong positions. I told Chin Hor I felt bad for being paid to do such a job as I felt anyone could take these photos. I got ready my solid tripod and my tiny, trusty, underestimated, Canon Powershot G2. As John Goh and I started planning the lighting and fine-tuning it for the shoot, Chin Hor said, "See, it's not that easy to shoot these photos... not everyone can do this." And I realized that that was true. I felt reassured. Thank you.

I cannot go on without mentioning the talent of John Goh. He was a great help with the lighting and I must say that I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to work with him again on a photoshoot in the future. He helped make the photos look good, I cannot take full credit for them. Thank you, John.

I will not post the series of interesting Qi Gong photos that were taken. But I would like to make an animated gif from those photos though, it'd be quite amusing. So if anyone out there can teach me how to make an animated gif, please let me know. Until then... here is a test shot taken on that day. Those interested to hire Chin Hor or Benny to model, please contact 1-800-PRO-MODELS.

Chinny & Benny

3 Comments:

At January 28, 2005 3:44 am, Blogger Mystery Wolf said...

If you have Adobe Photoshop at home, you can make animated GIFs with Adobe ImageReady, which comes with Photoshop.

I'm interested in making GIF files too, but haven't gotten to learning it yet. Anyway I found a webpage that I'd start with. Hope it helps you out as well :)

http://shg.ic.ucsb.edu/projects/view_project/?project_id=000255

 
At February 02, 2005 9:59 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JJ: You'll be surprised how much simplicity can be of such valuable importance, and I am sure that your entries have definitely lifted people's spirits =) So you may think that you have not "enlightened mankind", but I think that your photos and comments probably did "light up/brighten" someone's day today.

I really love this photo of the Brudders hehe..Chingy and Biggie (Malaysian style)...lots of my friends call Chin Hor Chingy cause they find it easier.. :P

 
At February 02, 2005 3:37 pm, Blogger Lepak said...

haha Can you imagine my surprise went I open your site and found not 1 but 2 new post!! Way to go brother!!
Nice picture. You really bring out the best way to present the both of them!! BTW yeah if you've got Photoshop you can use ImageReady to do the animated gif but the file size will be HUGE. Better to use Flash instead. When you come back from Oz I'll show you how to do it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home